12.14.2006

Greetings!

My name is Professor Marsh and I teach writing at St. John's University in Queens, NY. I set up this blog for my Spring 2007 composition class as an example of the kind of blog we'll be using in this class. Throughout the semester (and beyond), I'll be posting notes, ideas, suggestions, and reflections on writing, reading, and research blogging, as well as commenting on the class and the work being done by students.

If you're a student in my class, note that this entry (like all future entries) has a "label" on it. The label for this entry is "Journal." You too will want to get used to this function and use it every time you post something to your blog.

You will use one of two labels for all of your entries: Journal or Commonplace Book. In class we will discuss the difference, and you will soon be comfortable with the distinction.

When you first announce yourself on your blog (as I did above), be sure to label your entry as "Journal."

You can also create a field for your two labels (as I have on mine) by clicking on "Template" and then adding a labels page element. Give it a try if you're feeling bold. We'll also go through this process in class.